Rain, rain, go away….just until I can plant my garden and Kevin can get the rest of the soybeans in the ground!
It has been raining every couple of days here so my garden has been a big mud hole. There was a two day window of dryness last week, but I was gone for work. So I’m hoping that it dries out in the next day or two so I can get my plants and seeds that I have bought in the ground.
I really have no idea what I’m doing this year since this is my first time planting a garden. This is what I have bought so far:
- 2 packets of carrot seeds
- 2 packets of green bean seeds
- 2 packets of zucchini seeds
- 2 packets of yellow squash seeds
- 4 cherry tomato plants (the first two I bought don’t look the greatest, so I bought two more. I’m sure that I’ll have cherry tomatoes coming out of my ears this summer….)
- 8 roma tomato plants
- 4 Big Boy tomato plants
- 4 tomatillo plants (I love green salsa!)
- 4 red pepper plants
- 4 yellow pepper plants
- 4 green pepper plants
- 8 jalapeno plants
- 4 Thai Hot pepper plants (going to dry these peppers
- Sweet corn (this will mainly be used as a wind break)
So that’s my garden so far. Any comments and suggestions are welcomed!