Creamy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Serves at least 4
3 large chicken breasts, cut in half width wise
6 strips of bacon (yes I only used 5)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can of cream of celery or mushroom (I only had cream of celery on hand otherwise I would have used cream of mushroom)
1 cup of sour cream
2 heaping tablespoons of flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the bacon strips in a frying pan and cook until they start to become transparent but not crispy at all.
2. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Drain most of the bacon grease out of the frying pan. Return the pan to the heat.
3. Mince 3 cloves of garlic and place in the warm frying pan. Stir constantly for about a minute.
4. Add the can of cream of celery (or mushroom) and the cup of sour cream. Mix well. I found that using a whisk was a lot easier than a spatula.
5. Next, place two heaping tablespoons of flour into the mixture and mix well.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
7. Cut the chicken breasts in half (I did this so they would cook faster, but you wouldn’t have to!).
8. Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of chicken and place in a greased baking dish.
9. Pour the creamy mixture over the top and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is cook through.
Green Beans and Mushrooms
Serves at least 4
2 bags of fresh green beans
1 box of fresh mushrooms, sliced
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Wash the green beans and mushrooms. Pat dry and place on a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt and pepper all over.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until the green beans are no longer crunchy. You will need to stir them around about half way through.
I also made a box of wild rice to go along with the chick and green beans. Hope you enjoy this easy meal!