Today is the 40th anniversary of National Ag Day put on by the Agriculture Council of America! Just a few generations ago, most Americans had some involvement in Agriculture or had relatives that were involved in some way with agriculture. Today, that is no longer the case. So that’s what National Ag Day is all about!
- understand how food, fiber and renewable resource products are produced.
- value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
- acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food, fiber and renewable resource industries.
- Each American farmer feeds about 144 people. Agriculture is America’s #1 export.
- New technology means farmers are more environmentally friendly than ever before.