Good morning! I’m off on a new adventure today and am so excited about it! I’ll be sharing all about it over the next two years (yes 2 years!). But for this morning, I’d like to share with you another family favorite holiday side dish recipe. This one is glazed brussel sprouts with bacon and cranberries. It’s. so. good!
Hope you’re all surviving this cold, frigid weather! Will be back later with another recipe!
Also, check out the Thankful 4 Ag website and create a digital meal with four of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes. By doing this Bayer will donate 10 meals to Feeding America. This will help provide meals to those who need it this holiday season! Thanks!
- 1 container of brussel sprouts
- 4-5 pieces of bacon
- ¼+ cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Rinse and dry the brussel sprouts. Slice in half and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet. Remove, let cool, and then crumble and set aside.
- Pour most of the bacon grease into a measuring cup and set aside. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the skillet. Toss in the brussel sprouts and cook over medium heat.
- While the brussel sprouts are cooking, measure out about ¼ cup of the bacon grease. If you don't have that much that is fine. Just add enough maple syrup to the bacon drippings until you reach ½ cup total.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Heat mixture in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the cranberries and set aside to let them soften.
- When the brussel sprouts are cooked through, add the syrup/cranberry mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the crumbled bacon. Enjoy!