Little by little the room is coming together. You can see our prep work and the painting that we did earlier in the week. After that I had to let the furniture sit and cure for a few days before I could move it back into the room. It sat out in the shed for about two days and then my in-laws helped me move it into the kitchen to adjust to the air-conditioning. Then the next day they came back and helped me move it into the bedroom where I let it sit for another day or so before I put items on top of them.
In the mean time, I got the closet organized by adding a second shelf above the original one and also a bunch of shelving and shoe storage in the bottom of the closet. It is so nice! The shelving and shoe storage on the bottom is from Target.
The paint color makes the room seem bigger since it is so much lighter than what we had in there before.
Kevin’s dad also came one evening and installed our new fan and helped put in the top shelf in the closet.
Here is the furniture curing out in the shed. I had to measure and drill holes for all the new handles and hardware. I didn’t do to bad if I say so myself! I’m getting pretty handy with the drill!
Will have more pictures of the updated room all put together (minus the headboard and a few other things) on Monday! Have a great weekend and Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!